Cosmonauts is a London-based B2B Business Development Support & Corporate Events Company. We run 11 own brand global conferences in the Legal, Intellectual Property, Space Commercialisation, Environmental & Agricultural sectors with agendas focusing on innovation, technology and investments within the respective sectors. In addition to our own brand events, we produce, manage and host in-person and hybrid events globally for a variety of clients and partners throughout the year.
Our events vary in size between 250 and 750 people per conference. Half of our events take place outside the UK, including the US, Europe, Asia & Africa.
Whilst curating a successful conference designed to recapture existing and previous stakeholders (speakers, sponsors, attendees) our events help bring the company consultancy projects generally revolving around investment, bespoke events, marketing, research and business development.
We are seeking a candidate to join our events production team as an intern. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with our events team to deliver exceptional own brand, partnered and bespoke events. The ideal candidates will have skills applicable to researching, producing and speaker liaison and communication for conferences and exhibitions.
As a conference producer you’ll need to:
- Extensively research the industries that Cosmonauts targets, to ensure current and informed production of the thought-leadership based content at the heart of all our events.
- Identify potential speakers from amongst industry experts for upcoming events, focusing on the leaders in their field.
- Use industry research and speaker targeting to produce an event programme that will attract growing numbers of attendees to our events year on year.
- Develop strategic partnerships with industry bodies that will allow the event to provide as much value as possible to event attendees.
- Maintain current and build new professional relationships with industry leaders and C-level executives.
- Work with the marketing team to support event production and promotion to ensure content is attractive to the targeted industry vertical.
- Work with the data team and manage data to ensure Cosmonauts is accurately targeting potential attendees.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken, strong copywriting and communication skills will be essential.
- A team player, with meticulous organisation and attention to detail, able to adequately prioritise a demanding workload.
- Excellent stakeholder-management skills, both internally and externally, and having a problem-solving attitude in case of any unforeseen disputes or differences.
- Excellent telephone manner and confidence to interact with high level government & corporate representatives.
- High level of competency with existing office software and comfortable in adapting to new technology solutions if working with client softwares.
- Ability to solve problems on the ground, and dealing with complaints or unforeseen circumstances calmly and amicably.
- Prepared to challenge current thinking, ability to look for opportunities and new approaches.
- Knowledge of one or more of the sectors Cosmonauts currently targets; Legal, IP, Space Tech, Agritech & Green tech are not required but highly desirable.