Cosmonauts is a London-based B2B Business Development Support & Corporate Events Company. We run 11 own brand global conferences in the Legal, Intellectual Property, Space Commercialisation, Environmental & Agriculture sectors with agendas focusing on either innovation, technology and investments. In addition to our own brand events, we produce, manage and host in-person and hybrid events for a variety of clients and partners throughout the year.
Our events vary in size between 250 and 750 people per conference. Half of our events take place outside the UK, including US, Europe, Asia & Africa
Whilst curating a successful conference designed to recapture existing and previous stakeholders (speakers, sponsors, attendees) our events help bring the company consultancy projects generally revolving around investment, bespoke events, marketing, research and business development.
We are seeking a candidate to become our Head of Events, who will be responsible for leading the event team in delivering exceptional own brand, partnered and bespoke events for clients. The ideal candidates will have a successful track record of delivering a broad range of event types; from smaller day meetings and workshops to multi day medium/ large scale conferences and exhibitions. Also required are excellent client management, team management and project management skills.
As the Head of Events, you’ll need to:
- Oversee day to day operations and work with the Head of Finance to ensure profitability and growth of all the events organised by Cosmonauts.
- Manage every stage of the delivery process from responding to initial enquiries, creating proposals, carrying out pre-event productions and operations, oversee event days in person and conduct post event analysis.
- Manage & develop the event team of producers and event executives.
- Maintain and develop SOPs to ensure clear direction for event team members, implementing any necessary changes as the company grows.
- Work directly with the Head of Marketing & Head of Sales and support them in the drive to promote the events to attendees and sell event sponsorships & tickets.
- Review work of the design & video team relating to events and provide feedback and direction when required.
- Build and maintain favourable business relationships with various vendors including venues, AV companies & catering companies.
- Keep track of event equipment and oversee preparations in the lead up to all events.
- Oversee event days and ensure a smooth experience for all attendees.
- Be able to travel with minimal restrictions to international events.
- Oversee post event workflows and conduct post event analysis.
- Report regularly to CEO & COO during management meetings and answer any of their enquiries in relation to the events.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken, strong copywriting and communication skills will be essential.
- Minimum 3 years experience in event management and at least 1 year experience in managing a team of 5 people.
- A strong people leader, with a proven track record in motivating and developing teams to deliver a high level of performance.
- A team player, with a hands-on management style, to guide delivery and performance, and encourage a positive team spirit.
- Meticulous organisation and attention to detail, able to adequately prioritise a demanding workload.
- Required knowledge to handle all operational planning including floorplans, AV requirements and logistical concerns.
- Ability to solve problems on the ground, and remain calm when dealing with conflict or unforeseen circumstances.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Prepared to challenge current thinking, ability to look for opportunities and new approaches.
- Knowledge of one or more of the sectors Cosmonauts currently targets; Legal, IP, Space Tech, Agritech & Green tech are not required but highly desirable